Author email newsletters are one of the most effective methods of ensuring sales of indie-author books. They allow you to connect with readers, provide them with value-add, encourage them to read your work.
Over the years much has been written about email newsletters and how to get start them, grow subscriber lists, and convert subscribers to readers and book purchasers. This information is, necessarily, scattered about on different blog posts. I have collected many against the day when it will be time to start my newsletter.
In the meantime I present the links I have collected for your use, including the date the article was written. In those instances where articles are undated, I guessed the date from the article comments.
I have also roughly categorized the articles by type, though the delineations are not exact. Many articles contain content that spans multiple categories.
Why Use Email Newsletters
- Newsletter Swapping Service Offers Authors a Free Way to Connect, Advertise, February, 2017
- How Your Newsletter can get you More Visibility, Readers, and Sales, September, 2015
- Personal Branding: Why You Should Start an Email Newsletter, January, 2016
- Why Email Matters to Writers and 3 Tactics You Can Apply Today, November, 2014
- Creating an Author Newsletter is a Good Thing, April, 2016
- Enter the Inbox: Newsletter Marketing, September, 2015
How to Use Email Newsletters
- How to Start and Email Newsletter People Look Forward To, May, 2017
- Email Newsletters for Authors: Get Started Guide, June, 2015
- 7 Tips to Create Your Perfect Author Newsletter, November, 2016
- Developing the Perfect Author Newsletter, February, 2014
- I Need Coffee: How to Create an Author Newsletter that Isn’t Terrible, May, 2016
- How to Customize Your Email Newsletter Sign-Up Forms to Increase Reader Engagement, May 2016
- Tips on Crafting a Popular Newsletter, From Popular Newsletter Authors, July, 2014
- 8 Elements of Effective Author Newsletters, Date unknown
- 7 Tips to Design an Effective Author Newsletter, December, 2013
- Ideas for Building Your Author Mailing List, September, 2015
- Author Newsletters — A Spy’s Report, December, 2016
Content Ideas for Email Newsletters
- What Should You Put in Your Email Newsletter?, June, 2016
- Content Ideas for Fiction Authors’ Blogs and Newsletters, November, 2015
- 20 Ideas For Your Author Email Newsletter, August, 2016
- 50 Ideas for Author Newsletter Content, January, 2017
- 5 Ideas for Author Newsletter Content, May, 2015
Email Newsletter Applications
- Should I Use MailChimp for my Author Newsletter?, November, 2015
- The Best Applications for Creating Free Email Newsletters, November, 2010 (a bit dated)
- The 25 Best Email Marketing and Newsletter Apps, November 2015
- The 12 Best Free Email Marketing Apps, February, 2015
- The Best Email Marketing Software of 2017, March, 2017
So there you have it, 27 links to help you get started on your author email newsletter.
Do you use a newsletter? What has your experience been?
Thanks for reading, and I will see you again next time.